Friday, November 27, 2009

BBQ Night

Happy holidays everyone =)

I had a wonderful night with my family. It was an amazing night with an amazing weather of 24 degrees C. What's better than BBQ in this great weather.

I got out all the grilling utensils from our storage room, cleaned our Weber grill, and set up our outdoor dining table. I even lit some candles to give it a romantic ambiance.

Initially, I was so enthusiastic to do the grilling all by myself -- I didn't think I needed help. But when my fiance showed up, I thought I could use his help a little. Poor him, he ended up grilling everything. I confess, grilling after all, is a man's job.
We only brought jumbo burgers and lamb chops. The burgers were frozen and the lamb chops were freshly marinated from the supermarket. I selected 3 different kinds: Australian BBQ sauce, Arabian spices, and "marinated" lamb chops (I wish I knew what spices they used. It was the best out of the 3).
Just before the charcoal turned into ashes, we were able to bake a potato. I drizzled some olive oil and put salt on the skin of the potato. I made sure to poke the potato before I wrapped it with aluminum foil. After 50 minutes of waiting, we unwrapped the foil, cut the potato in half, put some pepper Jack cheese and -- it was heaven! We ate it all before I had the chance to take a picture of it.
I had pretty much grilled all kinds of meat except for fish. What is the best way to grill fish? I'm open for suggestions :)
Ta.

Labels:


Comments:
Allay! This looks so lovely and romantic! Maybe one day I could join you guys and have some of that yummy food :) and I agree BBQing is a man's job, well atleast in this family it is!
 
You should come at our next BBQ gathering =) I'll let ya know.

hmm, I know you don't like to go to the desert much, but BBQing there is nice too =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]