Thursday, February 11, 2010

A New House

Hi everyone. I'm still in Germany. This is my 4th and last week. I cannot wait to get back home. I really miss my fiance and my usual activities with him...yey! Really excited.

I really have some exciting news. At last, my fiance and I received the keys to our new house. It's an old one and needs major renovation - from ceiling to floors and wall to wall. It's a big house for a newly wed, but my fiance always talks about how much he wants to fill it with children..hehe. I haven't seen it yet (I've only seen the layout plan). My sweet fiance took a video of everything; every room, every corner and every flooring for me to see. :)

Let's start with the ground floor: There is a living room that is open to a dining room, and a big "majlis", which is Arabic for a special room where people can gather. We are thinking of opening the wall of that room to the living room. I like it to be more spacious. I might add an interior glass door instead, to give the place some character. There are two bathrooms downstairs. One of them will be changed into a powder room with two wash basins and a big mirror. The most exciting thing of all is having two kitchens. Yay! One indoor and the other is outdoor and both are big. I'm really having trouble choosing the right color of cabinets and floors. Shall I go light color inside?

Upstairs is huge. There are 4 bedrooms, and another living room/hall. I'm thinking of making the the upstairs living room/hall into a library; and make it look very urban-like. Our master bedroom has 2 windows (which I'm thinking of changing the frames--they're very old). I don't encourage having a closet area inside the bedroom. Since we have rooms that will not be occupied soon, I'm planning to utilize one for a big closet area. Both my fiance and I have so many clothes -- some that need to be thrown or given to charity soon.

My fiance has gym equipments, so another room will be utilized for recreational purposes. The fourth bedroom will be left vacant, until hopefully, we have a baby.

We also have a big garden. We'll remove all the trees and grass, and create a nice patio. We'll keep the palm trees in front of our house to give it some nice landscaping.

That's about it. The renovation will take around 3 months (I'm crossing my fingers here). But until then, I will keep updating you :)

Ta.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
i can't wait to show my your house! i bet you need to do some major maintenance before living in it. i like the glass door idea! it'll act as a buffer between the majlis and the living room.
show me what you have in mind in terms of interior design, how you would layout the furniture, pieces, and all that wonderful fixture. wow i'm being so excited now!!! treat it as your mini project to manage :P
 
Hey sis!! Of course, I'll treat it as a mini project -- I didn't earn the PMP for nothing ;)

I like neutral colors so the furniture will be beige, gray, white, different shades of brown and accent colors for the accessories.

I'll need ur help in some stuff =D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]